Monday, March 21, 2016

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 3-21-2016

Monday, March 21, 2016
Today's Gift

If I Had My Life to Live Over ... I'd relax.... I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.... I'd start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry go-rounds. I would pick more daisies. —Nadine Stair

"Letting go" is a theme with many variations. When we live with gusto and are released to experience the full excitement of life, we are letting go. When we turn our lives and wills over to the care of our Higher Power, we are freed of many cares. If we orient our lives with a compass that always points to fear and insecurity, or to power and success, we are giving ourselves over to those forces. But we can orient our lives to our Higher Power's care and support. That makes it possible to drop our guard, allow for some mistakes, and delight in the pleasures of creation.

Today let me forget my worries and enjoy the fullness of life.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day


********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

With each sunrise, we start anew. ----Anonymous

Like a tree, our life depends on new growth. There are many ways to bring new ideas and growth into our lives. We can attend Twelve Step retreats. We can study books and tapes on spirituality.

We can attend different Twelve Step meetings.

But our spiritual newness may not just come from the Twelve Steps. We can do volunteer work or be active in other types of groups. We need to invite new ideas into our lives. We need to stay open to change. It doesn’t matter what renews our spiritual growth. What matters is that we keep our spiritual lives fresh and growing.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, spring is one of the four seasons. Help me feel like spring. Help me to be strong but not stuck Help me be firm yet open to spiritual growth.

Action for the Day: Today, I’ll try to do something new. When I get stuck or stubborn, I’ll see that it’s due to my fear of trying new ideas.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

****************************
One Day At A Time

Foundation
In my own case, the foundation stone of freedom from fear is that of faith:
a faith that, despite all worldly appearances to the contrary,
causes me to believe that I can live in a universe that makes sense.
- As Bill Sees It, p. 51

Thought to Ponder . . .
Breathe in faith, breathe out fear.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H = Facing An Inner Truth Heals.

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)  http://www.aa-alive.net/index.html

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

A peaceful mind
by Ralph Marston

There is enormous power in peace. Seek to let your mind be filled with peace, and your life will benefit greatly.

Worry wastes your precious time, resentment destroys your effectiveness and anxiety drains your energy. A peaceful mind, on the other hand, puts you firmly in control and out of the reach of the world’s negative distractions.

Peace comes easily and naturally when you stop fighting against what is. Accept the reality of this moment, let go of the need to need, and experience the peace that is already here.

Peace is what you find when you let go of everything else. Peace requires no real effort other than the realization that you already have it.

Beneath the noise, beneath the chatter, there is beauty, and there is peace. Visualize your concerns as moving quickly away from you, until they disappear into nothingness.

Empty your mind of the stressful thoughts, and peace will fill the space left behind. Be at peace, and every thought, every action, every moment will move you toward real richness and fulfillment.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment