Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 12-22-2015

Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Today's Gift

Open your mind and your heart to be still. --Shawn Phillips

In this time of international conflict and mistrust it is easy to despair. At times we may even feel hopeless as we hear about wars and weapons. But there is hope! Change can grow from within each of us.

The world is like a tree--if the tree is diseased and the leaves brown and brittle, the gardener does not treat the branches, but tends to the roots. Our world is made up of nations, in which there are states containing communities of neighborhoods where individual people live. We are the roots of our world tree. As attitudes change; as we accept and love ourselves honestly and learn, in turn, to accept and love others regardless of our differences, slowly, the branches that extend from us and cover the world will grow strong. The peace we can make within ourselves can be reflected everywhere.

Will I find the peace within myself today?


From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day



********************************






















Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ---Edith Wharton

Our Higher Power is the candle. And our hearts, like a mirror, reflect a warm, loving glow.
But when we used alcohol and other drugs, we tired to be the candle. We wanted to have control. Many of us acted like this to hide how out of control we felt. We never thought we could be happy by admitting we were out of control.

In recovery, we accept that it’s okay to be the mirror. We accept that our Higher Power is the candle that guides us. We want to be the mirror that reflects how much our Higher Power loves us.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, thank-you for the light and warmth You give me.

Action for the Day: Tonight, I’ll light a candle and place it in front of a mirror. I’ll study how they work together to light the room.


From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums
****************************
One Day At A Time

Learn to Live
I spent most of my life worrying about myself, thinking that I was unwanted, that I was unloved.
I've learned since being in AA that the more I worry about me loving you,
and the less I worry about you loving me, the happier I'll be. . .
I have learned that the more I give, the more I will have; the more I learn to give, the more I learn to live.
- Experience, Strength and Hope, p. 218

Thought to Ponder . . .
I have learned how a heart full of gratitude feels.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Always Awesome.


From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)
***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Guided by purpose
by Ralph Marston

If there is no purpose behind your effort, it’s difficult to do even the simplest, easiest things. Yet when you have a meaningful enough reason, nothing can stand in your way.

When you have a good reason, you can do anything, and you will. With a solid purpose behind you, you are able to endure any hardship, undertake any effort, and work through every difficulty.

If you feel tired and unmotivated, listless and dejected about doing anything, it’s not the effort itself that is the problem. The problem is that you have not connected the effort to something you really, truly care about.

Give yourself the advantage always of knowing where you are going and why you want to go there. Put in the time and the thought and the searching of your soul to understand without a doubt what it is you care about.

Then, make sure your life is pointed in that direction. Give yourself the energy, the enthusiasm, the electric spirit of a good, worthy, personally meaningful purpose.

There are many things you care deeply about. Stay connected to them and enjoy the beauty of a life guided by purpose.


From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment