Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Work-In: Daily Motivation 12-10-2015

Thursday, December 10, 2015
Today's Gift

We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future. ― Steve Maraboli

You can think. You can make good decisions. You can make choices that are right for you.

Yes, we all make mistakes from time to time. But we are not mistakes.

We can make a new decision that takes new information into account.

We can change our mind from time to time. That's our right too.

We don't have to be intellectuals to make good choices. In life, we have a gift and a goal available to each of us. The gift is called wisdom.

Other people can think too. And that means we no longer have to feel responsible for other people's decisions.

That also means we are responsible for our choices.

We can reach out to others for feedback. We can ask for information. We can take opinions into account. But it is our task to make our own decisions. It is our pleasure and right to have our own opinions.

We are each free to embrace and enjoy the treasure of our own mind, intellect, and wisdom.

Today, I will treasure the gift of my mind. I will do my own thinking, make my own choices, and value my opinions. I will be open to what others think, but I will take responsibility for myself. I will ask for and trust that the Divine Wisdom is guiding me.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©


From: Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation - Thought for the Day http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/recovery/thought-for-the-day

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

We are what we are. --Motto of Lake Wobegon, Garrison Keillor

Sometimes we devote so much effort to being what we are not, that we lose the chance to be what we are. We have one identity for this person and another for that one. Our co-workers, neighbors, friends, and family all expect different things of us, leaving us wondering who we actually are. How can we be so many different things to so many people?

Our Higher Power wants us to be only who we are. We were created with unique characteristics for a purpose, even if that purpose isn't always clear to us. We need to be who we really are, and to be the best we can be, knowing that our Higher Power approves because They created us as we are.

Action for the day: I will be the best me that I know how to be.

From: Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums
Daily Recovery Readings - http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2


****************************
One Day At A Time

Easier, Softer Way
When I couldn't find an easier, softer way,
I looked for a person with the magic wand, the one person in AA
who could make me all better, right now. This was a frustrating task . . .
I finally realized that if I wanted this life,
I was going to have to do what the others had done.
No one made me drink, and no one was going to make me sober.
This program is for people who want it, not people who need it.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 315

Thought to Ponder . . .
While it isn't always easy, if I keep it simple, it works.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S W A T = Surrender, Willingness, Action, Trust.

From: AA Thought for the Day (courtesy AA-Alive.net)

***************************
Daily Motivation

Excerpt of The Daily Motivator

Responsibility and control
by Ralph Marston

The more responsibility you take for your own life, the better that life will be. The more responsibility you take for your own circumstances, the more those circumstances will be to your liking.

Even though your current situation may be largely someone else’s fault, it is still your responsibility. Because the way to be in control of your life is to take responsibility for it.

Certainly there are those who would hold you back. Of course there are many things that are beyond your control. Take responsibility anyway. Accept that responsibility and act on it, because it is your best option for moving positively forward.

Every time you blame others for your problems, you are giving them control over your life. That’s certainly not what you want, and it will get you nothing of value.

Step up and take responsibility, no matter what, as often and as enthusiastically as you can. For when you take responsibility, what you get is control, and the power to be your best.

From The Daily Motivator website at http://greatday.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment