Thursday, November 15, 2012

Daily Motivation 11-15-2012

Thursday, November 15, 2012
Today's Gift

When one door closes, fortune will usually open another. -- Fernando De Rojas

Sometimes we concentrate on our losses instead of our gains. We see a chapter in our life closing, and we mourn. We must leave some friends behind, or say good-bye to a life we enjoyed. We must give up , which had become our best friend and only comfort. We may even have to leave our families, at least for a time, in order to concentrate on our own needs.

We need to grieve all these losses. Then we can see more clearly what our new life has brought us. For every loss, we've gained blessings. For every friend gone, we have the chance to make many more. A whole new life awaits us when we're ready to be part of it.

When we gave up the fake comforts of our past, we found genuine comfort in sound sleep and healthy bodies, in peaceful days and serene nights. When we were ready to give up anger and resentment, we found generosity and forgiveness toward other people, and toward ourselves, too. In our new chapter of life, it's true, one door has closed. But another, better door has finally opened.

Today help me be grateful for my new life. Help me grieve my losses so I can appreciate all that awaits me.

From the book Body, Mind, and Spirit by Anonymous

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Zeal is the faculty igniting the other mind powers into the full flame of activity. --Sylvia Stitt Edwards

When enthusiasm is absent in our lives, no activity appears inviting. In fact, most situations foster fear. With fear, we're ever so familiar. The new life we're committed to relieves us of all fear. And it offers us the enthusiasm that will guarantee positive outcomes for our efforts, when we look to our higher power for the right attitude.

An open, trusting, sincere relationship with our higher power equals enthusiasm about life. But that relationship takes work on our part. When we've done our homework we discover that no lesson will baffle us. Prayer and meditation make all things understandable and guarantee that we will "pass the course" on life.

Action for the Day: I will begin this day, and every day, looking to my HIgher Power for the gift of zeal to live fully every moment, to give fully what I have to give, and to glory fully in all that I receive. My attitude of gratitude will increase my happiness manyfold. I will look to this day with zeal.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Attitude
Whatever is done is over. It cannot be changed.
But my attitude about it can be changed
through talking with those who have gone before
I can wish the past never was,
but if I change my actions in regard to what I have done,
my attitude will change.
I won't have to wish the past away.
I can change my feelings and attitudes,
but only through my actions...
-Daily Reflections, Page 141,

Thought to Ponder....
Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?

AA Related Acronym
A A =
Altered Attitudes

***********************
Daily Motivation

Could have

It doesn’t really matter what you could have done, and what could have been. Focus instead on creating the best of what can be.

Your opportunities are in the present, not in the past. Learn from the mistakes, take inspiration from the disappointments and the successes, and move ahead.

Don’t waste your time fighting battles that have already been decided. Put your effort into crafting a beautiful future from what you now have.

Though you’ve missed opportunities in the past, there are plenty of good opportunities that still remain. You cannot go back, and yet you can go positively forward.

Decide what you will have, what you will do, what you will experience. Decide on the ways you will make a difference, and put your energy into doing precisely that.

Leave behind the thoughts of what could have been. You have the grand opportunity to determine and create what now can be.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment