Monday, August 6, 2012

Daily Motivation 8-6-2012

Monday, August 6, 2012
Today's Gift
 
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams. --Author Unknown
 
Problems are made to be solved!

Some of us spend more time reacting to the fact that we have a problem than we do solving the problem. "Why is this happening to me?" . . . "Isn't life awful?" . . . "How come this had to happen?" . . . "Oh, dear. This is terrible." . . . "Why is God (the Universe, an agency, a person, or life) picking on me?"

Problems are inevitable. Some problems can be anticipated. Some are surprises. But the idea that problems occur regularly need never be a surprise.

The good news is that for every problem, there's a solution. Sometimes the solution is immediate. Sometimes, it takes awhile to discover. Sometimes, the solution involves letting go. Sometimes, the problem is ours to solve; sometimes it isn't. Sometimes, there is something we can clearly do to solve the problem; other times, we need to struggle, flounder, do our part, and then trust our Higher Power for help.

Sometimes, the problem is just part of life. Sometimes, the problem is important because we are learning something through the problem and its solution. Sometimes, problems end up working out for good in our life. They get us headed in a direction that is superior to one we may otherwise have taken.

Sometimes, problems just are; sometimes they are a warning sign that we are on the wrong track.

We can learn to accept problems as an inevitable part of life. We can learn to solve problems. We can learn to trust our ability to solve problems. We can learn to identify which problems are trying to lead us in a new direction, and which simply ask for solving.

We can learn to focus on the solution rather than on the problem, and maintain a positive attitude toward life and the inevitable flow of problems and solutions.

Today, I will learn to trust solutions, rather than be victimized by problems. I will not use problems to prove I am helpless, picked on, or martyred. I will not point to my problems to prove how awful life is. I will learn to trust the flow of problems and solutions. Higher Power, help me solve the problems I can solve today. Help me let go of the rest. Help me believe in my ability to tackle and solve problems. Help me trust the flow. For each problem, there is a solution.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

You're only human, you've suppose to make mistakes.---Billy Joel

Listen to the kind voice inside. Listen to the voice that tells you you're
good enough. Listen to the voice that tells you it's okay to make
mistakes---you'll learn from them. Listen to the voice that tells you to go
to your meeting even though it's cold outside and you're tired. Listen and
let this voice become more and more clear. Listen, and welcome it in your
heart. Talk with the voice.

Ask it questions and seek it out when you need a friend. This voice is your
Higher Power. Listen as your Higher Power speaks to you. Listen as your
Higher Power tells you what a great person you are.

Prayer for the Day: I pray to the gentle, loving voice that lives in me. Higher Power, You've
always been kind to me. You've always loved me. Help me to remember You're always there---inside me.

Action for the Day: I will take time from my busy day to listen and talk with the loving voice
that lives inside me.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Prayer
I came into this program a drunken atheist. Today, I pray. . .
This change in a drunken, hardcore, cynical atheist
is a miracle beyond human comprehension.
However, one aspect of the program
has always been required for me to remain sober -- results. Prayer works.
If prayer didn't work and show results, I'd become an atheist again today.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol .1], pp. 183-84

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life is fragile, handle with prayer.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A S A P =
Always Say A Prayer.

***********************
Daily Motivation

You deserve it

You deserve a great life. So demand it from yourself.

You deserve respect, consideration, inspiration, achievement and fulfillment. So demand those things from your own thoughts and actions.

You deserve a life that’s overflowing with joy and richness. And you deserve to be the person who makes it happen.

You deserve the best life you can imagine, and you deserve the experience of taking full responsibility for that life. You are worthy of great and wonderful things, and able to bring those things about if you so choose.

You deserve the very best, but life does not owe it to you. You owe it to yourself.

Get busy, get inspired and get yourself totally committed to fulfilling your greatest possibilities. After all, you deserve to give that to yourself.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment