Monday, July 30, 2012

Daily Motivation 7-30-2012

Monday, July 30, 2012
Today's Gift

The hopeful person sees success where others see failure, sunshine where others see shadows and storm. —O. S. Marden

When wise men say, "Hope springs eternal," they are reminding us that no matter how great are the obstacles, the hope of winning out in the long run still exists. Hope is our friend when all else has failed. When we have strength of character and an energetic mind, hope always flourishes.

We discover that, at the very brink of despair, we will find courage to keep trying as long as there is hope for success. After all, what have we got to lose? Without hope, we have no chance, anyway. Our chance for glory comes when we keep trying even though all seems lost. Our hearts remain strong and brave when hope reminds us that challenges last until a game is over.

What light of hope can I keep burning within me today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

The best leaders are those who know how to follow.---Anonymous

Am I a leader or a follower? The fact is, I am responsible for where I end up. If I choose to be a follower, I'd better follow leaders who know where they are going. And I had better know where they're going.

If I choose to be leader, I'd better know that I'm responsible for getting myself on the right path. I also must be honest with my followers, so they can make good choices. I'm not responsible for my followers choices, but I must give them the truth. Being a leader doesn't always mean that I know where I'll end up. But it can mean that I know I'm on the right path, following the lead from my Higher Power---one step at a time.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, give me the faith and courage to choose good leaders to follow. When it is Your will, help me be a good leader.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll list my leaders. They might be a Higher Power, a sponsor, or a friend. I'll think of why I choose to follow these leaders.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Change
In one form or another, many of my character defects appear daily:
self-condemnation, anger, running away, being prideful, wanting to get even,
or acting out of grandiosity.
Attempting half measures to eliminate these defects
merely paralyzes my efforts to change.
It is only when I ask my Higher Power for help, with complete abandon,
that I become willing -- and able -- to change.
- Daily Reflections, p. 15

Thought to Ponder . . .
In order to change the way I feel, I need to change the way I act.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W =
Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.

***********************
Daily Motivation

Focused and relaxed

Focus intently on whatever you’re doing, but not in a way that makes you uptight. Keep yourself relaxed about what you’re doing, but not in a way that makes you careless.

Staying focused and staying relaxed do not have to oppose each other. In fact, they work extremely well together.

You can pay very close attention to what you do, while at the same time not letting it get you all wound up. You can truly relax and enjoy the task while also giving your very best to it.

Don’t think of being focused and highly effective as being something you must fight and strive to attain. Think of it as an extremely fulfilling, natural state, because that’s precisely what it is.

Give yourself permission to enjoy and to relax into a powerful, authentic focus. Feel how great it feels to calmly perform at your highest level.

Choose to stay highly focused and peacefully relaxed. And enjoy the experience of being your very best.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment