Monday, June 18, 2012

Daily Motivation 6-18-2012

Monday, June 18, 2012
Today's Gift
 
The greatest gift we can give another person is the gift of ourselves. - Liane Cordes
 
When we can share our deepest convictions and failures, our ideals and disillusionments, our hopes and frustrations, our dreams and despairs, our answers and our questions – then we are loving our neighbors as ourselves as well as "loving our enemies."
 
A friend put it this way, "If I share the whole of me with you, I share the good as well as the bad. I don't hide anything of myself from you, not in a deep friendship, or a deep marriage for that matter. By sharing some things I hate about myself, I'm loving my inside enemy. I'm telling you I'm still human and have a lot of growing to do. I'd love to tell you about all my good points, it would make me feel a lot better, but it wouldn't be sharing all of me with you."
 
TODAY I will concentrate on sharing my insides and outsides with another; I will listen to myself as I talk. I will not be satisfied if I sit on my laurels or wallow in my woes. I will improve myself by becoming aware of how I communicate to others.
 
From the book The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes
 
 

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

One receives only that which is given. The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words, return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy. --Florence Scovel Shin

Each of us can attest to the truth of this passage. During the difficult times, however, it is not uppermost in our minds that "what goes around, comes around." It feels all too easy to be justifiably resentful or to gossip, or to ignore another's presence. And the repercussions are seldom immediate. They will come, though.

Goodness is likewise repaid. Giving love, attention, respect to the individuals who share our lives and to the people who cross our paths by chance, will smooth our own passage day by day. The effects of our goodness will often be felt quickly. A smile elicits a smile. Kind thoughts bless us as well as the receiver. Life events do come full circle.

Action for the Day: With a bit of effort, I can smile at someone today, even though I'm frowning inside. Both will be better for it.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Solution
The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have found a common solution.
We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree,
and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 17

Thought to Ponder . . .
The solution is simple. The solution is spiritual.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O P E =
Heart Open; Please Enter
.

********************
Daily Motivation

Performing the magic

Every step you take on the journey gets you that much closer to your destination. Every purposeful effort you make brings you closer and closer to your goal.

When you are taking intentional, directed action, you are making progress. You are creating the very rewards you seek.

When you become weary, take a moment to remind yourself why you’ve chosen to go where you’ve chosen to go. When you feel a tinge of discouragement, overwhelm it with positive anticipation for the good and valuable place where you’re headed.

Not only can you do it, you are doing it. You are performing the magic of transforming dreams into reality.

What you’re doing is difficult and burdensome in some ways. And yet it is also truly amazing, because you’re creating value that never existed before.

Continue the effort, continue to persist, and continue performing the magic. And delight in the outstanding rewards it brings.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment