Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Daily Motivation 5-22-2012

Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Today's Gift

If you do not express your own original ideas, if you do not listen to your own being, you will have betrayed yourself. —Rollo May

Those of us who go around trying to be right and do everything right are likely to betray ourselves. We stifle our impulses and control our intuition because we can't be certain that we are correct. As a spiritual exercise, we could stop now and listen to our inner selves and state our own ideas. What comes out may break the illusion of perfection and free us to proceed with life.

We all have original ideas if we just notice them. What images come to mind while listening to music? What do our dreams tell us? New insights sometimes come by physical activity. Conversation with a friend can help lead us to our wisdom. Our growing strength requires that we listen to our own messages and then take some risks to express them.

Today, I will take risks by stating my ideas. I will stand up for myself by listening to my intuition.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
Showing up is 80 percent of life.---Woody Allen
 
Life is full of things we don't want to do. Yet when all parts of us( mind, body, spirit) show up, things go okay. By being there, we can learn about ourselves and help others.
 
Showing up means we care about our program. It means we speak up at meetings. It means we care about our family, our friends, the world. It means we listen when a friend has a bad day. It means seeing ourselves in others. It means we talk to someone who bothers us. Showing up means we laugh when something seems funny. It means we cry when we feel sad. We're important, and we need to bring our mind, body, and spirit with us---wherever we go.
 
Have I learned to show up, all of me?
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me show up for my life. Help me show up to do my part in Your plan today.
 
Today's Action: As I go through my day, I'll think about how I'm showing up for my life. I'll be proud of myself for doing my part.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Resentments
Resentment is the "number one" offender.
It destroys more alcoholics than anything else.
From it stem all forms of spiritual disease, for we have been
not only mentally and physically ill, we have been spiritually sick.
When the spiritual malady is overcome,
we straighten out mentally and physically.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 64

Thought to Ponder . . .
We are prisoners of our own resentments.
Forgiveness unlocks the door and sets us free.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S W A T =
Surrender, Willingness, Acceptance, Trust.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Best possibilities

Some people think they can demand your attention just by being outrageous. Give your attention instead to those who offer real substance.

If you allow yourself to be offended, you’re allowing someone else to dictate your thoughts and feelings. Instead of being offended, you can choose to be amused or inspired, or to simply let it go.

Give your time the respect it deserves. Use it for what truly matters, not just to feed someone else’s ego, or your own.

Focus on the best possibilities, not merely on the loudest spectacles. Give your attention to life’s true beauty.

You’re surrounded by a universe that is endlessly fascinating and overflowing with valuable substance. You can live each moment of every day with meaningful, authentic richness.

There’s no need to settle for a flimsy, superficial imitation of what matters. You deserve the real thing, so live it each and every day.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment