Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Daily Motivation 5-29-2012

Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Today's Gift

Spiritual power can be seen in a person's reverence for life--theirs and all others, including animals and nature, with a recognition of a universal life force referred to by many as God. --Virginia Satir

Taking the time, daily, to recognize the spiritual force in everyone and everything that is all about us, encourages us to feel humble, to feel awe. Reflecting on our interconnections, our need for one and all to complete the universe, lessens whatever adversity we might feel as we struggle with our humanity.

Our spiritual power is enhanced with each blessing we give. And as our spiritual power is enhanced, life's trials are fewer. Our struggle to accept situations, conditions, and other people, or our struggle to control them, lessens every day that we recognize and revere one another's personhood, one another's existence.

I can teach myself reverence, and I can begin today. I will look for "the Spirit" everywhere, and I will begin to see it.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
The more one judges the less one loves.---Balzac
At times we need to make judgments about people's behavior. We stand back and look at how their lives affect our sobriety. We have to do this to choose people whose relationships will be good for us. We have to do this before we trust someone in business. We should take a good look at the others person before we fall in love. But we decide to trust or love someone, we have to stop judging.
When we love someone, we don't stand back. We move in close. We give them all our love can offer. We don't just think and judge. We feel. We are on their side. We look for the good in them. We don't pick them apart. We love the whole person.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me to judge a little and love a lot. Help me accept the people I love, faults and all. Help me love them better.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll catch myself when I start to judge others. I will accept them as they are.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Hope
Most certainly I was powerless over alcohol and drugs,
and for me, my life had become unmanageable.
It wasn't how far I had gone, but where I was headed.
It was important to me to see what alcohol and drugs had done to me
and would continue to do if I didn't have help.
At first it was a shock to realize I was an alcoholic/addict,
but the realization that there was hope made it easier.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 354

Thought to Ponder . . .
If I don't drink or use today, I have the hope of a tomorrow.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O P E =
Heart Open; Please Enter
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Confidently forward

The difficulties can get you down, but only if you let them. The setbacks can make you discouraged, but only if you allow them to do so.

You always have another choice. You can choose to focus on the good places you intend to go to, instead of on the painful places you’ve had to go through.

Sure, life is tough and the journey is difficult. Yet at the same time life can be exquisitely beautiful and immensely rewarding.

It doesn’t really accomplish anything to complain about, or to dwell on, life’s unfairness. What will make a positive difference is to put your energy and enthusiasm into following a meaningful purpose.

Decide that you will put the difficulties to work for you. Let them inspire you and make you more and more determined.

Each time you experience a setback, use it as an opportunity to remind you of the good and desirable places you intend to go. Then step confidently forward, leave that negative incident behind, and move ahead with more energy and passion than ever before.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment