Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daily Motivation 2-28-2012

Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Today's Gift

The weariest night, the longest day, sooner or later must perforce come to an end. —Baroness Orczy

The difficult spells in our lives come to an end. And no matter the depth of our disturbance, we will survive. We forget that the depths teach us how to better appreciate the heights.

Sorrow heightens joy. Depression heightens laughter. We wouldn't know the joys and laughter were it not for the sorrows. In them we learn to be patient, waiting for the wisdom which will light our way. In them we learn to listen for the guidance that beckons us forth.

We must reflect on the troubling experiences we've passed through of late. They made us wiser; they gave us strength. They changed us, moving us ever closer to the person, whole and happy, we desire to be.

Difficulties often precede enlightenment. They pull us inward, perhaps push us to search for our connectedness to our Higher Power, a connectedness that is at home in our hearts. The paradox is that these painful periods strengthen our oneness with the Spirit.

If the day looks bleak, I will accept it as a hand reaching toward me, to pull me forward, to secure my place in the spiritual family.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

Leave yourself alone.---Jenny Janacek
 
We often pick on ourselves. We put ourselves down. But doing this isn't part of our recovery.
In fact, it goes against our program. Our program is based on loving care. We have turned our lives over to a caring, loving Higher Power who will give us the answers. We are told Easy Does It. We back off. As recovering addicts, we learn not to judge. Instead, we learn to be kind to ourselves. Our job is not to figure out the world, butt to add more love to it. Let's start with ourselves.
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, stop me from judging. Help me know what You want to do. Help me work the Steps Two and Three.

Action for the Day: Today, I'll leave myself alone. I will remember that picking on myself is another from of control.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Acceptance
And acceptance is the answer to *all* my problems today.
When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation --
some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity
until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation
as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 417

Thought to Ponder . . .
My serenity is directly proportional to my level of acceptance.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Acceptance, Belief, Change.
 
********************
Daily Motivation

Make your luck

Wish for good luck, and you’ll likely end up disappointed. Make your own luck, and you’ll make it as good as you can imagine.

Fulfillment does not just come to you out of nowhere. The fulfillment you experience in your life is the fulfillment you choose to create.

It might be comforting to chalk up your failures to bad luck. However, it is much more empowering to quickly and eagerly accept responsibility for all your outcomes.

Sure, it is helpful to have outside factors working on your behalf. And the best way to make that happen is to get your own committed efforts working on your behalf.

Let go of the notion that luck is something that randomly happens to you. Embrace the powerful reality that comes from making your own luck.

Nothing is going to magically bring an ideal life to you, and yet, the magic is there nonetheless. Because the magic is in you, and in your ability to make your life the way you want it to be.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment