Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Daily Motivation 2-14-2012

Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Today's Gift

Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. —Karl Menninger

Receiving a loving hug from a parent or perhaps a smile from a friend or even a stranger gives us a special feeling inside. We know we are important to others when they show us their love through attention. And we sometimes forget that we matter to others. Family members and friends feel good in the same way when we show them our love. Everyone needs to be loved.

How can we show our love? Must it be through a hug? Doing a favor for someone is loving. Helping around the house or the yard is loving, particularly when we've volunteered our help. Giving an unexpected gift to a friend is a way of showing love. Showing others we care, even when they are angry, is perhaps the nicest of all expressions of love.

What new way can I show someone I care today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

We are always the same age inside.---Gertrude Stein
 
Deep inside, we each have a child's spirit. We still have many of the feelings we had when we were young. Some of us have a hurting child inside. There's sadness, fear, or anger that hasn't gone away. We're still lonely, no matter how many people care about us. Our inner child needs special help to heal. We can be good parents to our inner child. We do this by being gentle and caring with ourselves. In time, this child can be a happy center in our hearts.
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, please heal the child inside of me a little more each day. Help my inner child be alive, free, and full of joy.

Action for the Day: Right now, I'll close my eyes for a minute. I'll think kind thoughts about myself. Than I'll say out loud, "Inner child, I love you. I'll take good care of you." I'll do this two more times today.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time

An Open Heart
I had not known that my heart was closed.
Now I knew -- because it was opened. I could now ask and receive help,
and I hoped that some day I would have something to give.
I felt free and light and good.
I would no longer block out love if I kept my heart open.
- Came To Believe . . ., p. 50

Thought to Ponder . . .
An open heart is never a lonely one.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H =
Finding Answers In The Heart.

 
*********************
Daily Motivation

Live with love

Life is beautiful. And love greatly magnifies that beauty.

Love has no reason. It is the reason.

Give love, and you have even more. Live with love, and you live with all the richness life has to offer.

Let yourself love sincerely, without expectation, just because that love flows naturally from who you are. Let go of the pretenses, fears and inhibitions, and live with the love that is at the center of you.

Live with love, and it brings out the best in you. Think, speak and act from a perspective of real, authentic love, and the result is genuine and growing fulfillment.

Live with love. For love will carry you forward like nothing else can.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment