Thursday, November 10, 2011

Daily Motivation 11-10-11

Thursday, November 10, 2011
Today's Gift
 
Each day is a new start. Each moment is a beginning.
 
We do not have to wait until Monday to get back on the program or clean a closet or tackle a difficult report. We do not have to wait until tomorrow morning, either. Now is the moment to stop, to make a phone call, to begin whatever project we have been putting off.
 
There is no way we can change what we did five minutes ago, nor can we predict what will happen half an hour from now. We can only deal with now.
 
By doing what needs to be done right now, we make the most of each present moment. As long as we are alive, we are always free to begin again. Instead of following an old, worn out habit, make a fresh start this moment on the rest of your life.
 
Give me grace, Higher Power, to begin again.
 
From the book Food for Thought by Elisabeth L.
 
 

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Keep It Simple

Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.---Will Rogers

The greatest adventure ever is recovery, and action is what’s important in recovery. That’s because the Twelve Steps are full of action. The whole world has now opened up to us. At times, this will scare us. But we aren’t alone. Our Higher Power is there to help us. All we have to ask ourselves is, “Would this action keep me in touch with my Higher Power?” If the answer is yes, then we take action. If the answer is no, then we don’t.

In recovery, we’ll be busy. We admit our wrongs. We take inventories. We seek answers. We ask for help. We are to get as much as we can out of life. We can’t sit and watch; we have to get out and live life.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, You gave me a second chance at life. Help me use it and not let my fear stop.

Action for the Day: Today, I’ll five things I want to do but I’m afraid to try. I’ll talk to someone I trust about how I can do these things.

**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Meditation
Before AA, I wanted more than anything else to get sober.
That was a positive thought, and it was a prayer that was answered.
Once my closed mind was pried open, once I consciously tried to meditate
and increase my conscious contact with Higher Power, my life started to straighten out,
and has continued to improve ever since.
I can look back and see where I received guidance
and where I made right decisions without ever knowing
that I was doing so, or why.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], p. 175

Thought to Ponder . . .
Meditation is our step out into the sun.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A R T =
Always Remain Teachable.

********************
Daily Motivation

Act on it

Even the best idea is only an idea. To give it value, act on it.

Even the most ambitious intention is only an intention until you begin to act on it. Once you take action and put some commitment behind it, then you begin to transform that intention into real value.

Most of the world doesn’t really care about what you think you’ll do or what you plan to do. To make the world take notice, take action.

Very few people care about what you think or how you feel. What will give you credibility and influence is what you actually do.

By all means, think and plan and dream. Then stand up, step forward, follow through and do.

Zero in on an intention that has real meaning for you. Then act on it, persistently and enthusiastically, and bring it fully to life.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment