Thursday, October 13, 2011

Daily Motivation 10-13-10

Thursday, October 13, 2011
Today's Gift

Never turn down a job because you think it's too small; you don't know where it can lead. —Julia Morgan

How short is our vision of where an invitation might take us! Any invitation. Of one thing we can be certain, it offers an opportunity for making a choice, which means taking responsibility for who we're becoming. Choice making is growth enhancing because it strengthens our awareness of personal power.

Our lives unfold in small measures, just as small as they need to be for our personal comfort. It's doubtful that we could handle everything the future has in store, today; however, we will be prepared for it, measure by measure, choice by choice, day by day. We need not fear; what is meted out to us in the invitations offered is for our benefit. We are on a pathway to goodness.

The thrill of making choices is new to many of us when we enter this program. We'd opted for the passive life, all too often, and we became increasingly aware of, and often depressed by, our self-imposed powerlessness. Free at last! We are free at last to fully participate in our lives.

I will be grateful for the many options to act tugging at me today. Every choice I make strengthens my livelihood.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

Self-pity is one of the most dangerous forms of self-centeredness. It fogs our vision. ---Kathy S.
Sometimes we get stuck in our own way of seeing things. We may feel as if everything that happens, happens to us or for us. If it rains, we may think about our ruined picnic and not about the dry fields that need the rain. We need to focus on the big picture. This keeps us from becoming self-centered. If it rains, we’ll gather indoors and be glad for the farmers. When we do our part, things go well. When we don’t we feel it. Every else feels it too. Self pity keeps us from doing our part.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me see myself as a big part of the picture. My job is just is to do my part.
Action for the Day: Today, I’ll think about how I fit in with my Higher Power, my family, the place I work, my community. Do I do my part?
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Fallible!
I never have been and never can be perfect.
As that realization became a part of me -- and it took time --
it brought me one of the greatest of the many blessings
that have come to me from AA.
I have learned to accept myself as a fallible human being. . .
And what a comfort that thought is to me,
as I make my bemused way through life, one foot in a bucket,
pushing on doors marked "Pull."
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], pp. 167-68

Thought to Ponder . . .
Give me the courage to be imperfect.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A R T =
Always Remain Teachable.
 
*********************
Daily Motivation

The choice is clear

There is no way around it. If you wish to live a rich and full life on your own terms, you must take responsibility for it all.

The choice is always clear. You can choose to be responsible for what you can control, or you will end up being dependent on what you cannot control.

Responsibility is not easy, yet it is certainly the most positive choice. For when you do the difficult work of responsibility, you earn the rich rewards of a life well lived.

Freedom, competence, excellence, effectiveness, independence, quality, wealth and fulfillment are all earned with responsibility. Take unequivocal responsibility, and you open yourself to unlimited opportunity.

Seeking pity, blaming others and looking for shortcuts will put you increasingly at the mercy of negative factors beyond your control. That’s not what you want.

Instead, step up and take responsibility, in every moment, in every situation, for as much of your world as you can embrace. When it comes to your life, you’re the person who can live it best.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment