Monday, September 26, 2011

Daily Motivation 9-26-11

Monday, September 26, 2011
Today's Gift
 
If my life were like a ship on the sea, today I will be the navigator.
 
I may have been used to someone else steering my ship or telling me which way to go. I may have felt that I had no control over my own life, and I probably didn't. I will take the wheel and read my own map. I will decide which way my ship will go and which route I will take. Even though I may choose to have a crew of advisers who can help me, I will be the one to chart my course.
 
I realize that on the sea of life, I can't control the weather, but I'm perfectly capable of adjusting my sails.
 
You are reading from the book:

Time to Fly Free by Judith R. Smith

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Walk In Dry Places

Willingness

Willingness to listen
Why is it that we'll accept information from some people but not from
others? Many people tried to advise us while we were drinking; why
would we listen only to recovering alcoholics?

We can't answer that question, except to say that most human beings
are willing to listen only to certain people at certain times. That's why
business organizations have to select sales people carefully; customers
will respond to some people, but not to others.

As we grow in sobriety, however, we develop the willingness to listen to
people we would have once avoided. We can find wonderful ideas in all
sorts of places and from all types of people. As we become more
open-minded and willing, we can listen more and learn more.

Action for the Day: My prejudices and fears of the past kept me from listening to people
who would have helped me. I'll be more open-minded and willing today.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Promises
If we are painstaking about this phase of our development,
we will be amazed before we are half way through.
We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. . .
Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. . .
We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us
what we could not do for ourselves.
- Alcoholics Anonymous,, pp. 83-84

Thought to Ponder . . .
Happiness and peace of mind are always here, open and free to anyone.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H J F = Happy, Joyous, Free.

********************
Daily Motivation

Here right now

The fulfillment you seek is here with you now. What you can do is accept it and live it.

The life you wish to experience is within a moment’s reach of the life you now have. The road to any fulfillment you can imagine is just one step away.

The achievement you desire begins to take shape the moment you truly commit to it. Your dreams are here right now for you to bring to life.

Instead of wishing that you could, know that you can. Instead of complaining that your dream is out of reach, feel the love and have the confidence to begin bringing it to life.

From anywhere you are, there is a path that will lead you to where you want to be. In this moment, on this day, the next step on that path is here for you to take.

Life and opportunity, dreams and fulfillment are here right now for you to embrace. Touch the best possibilities, and bring your beautiful, unique purpose to life.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment