Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daily Motivation 9-22-10

Thursday, September 22, 2011
Today's Gift
 
A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.  ~Attributed to Heather Pryor
 
Just as the ivy that grows on a windowsill requires water and light, our friendships need care and nourishment. We might wish that a good friend would be there whenever we wanted. But we get so busy scrambling to cover all the bases in our lives that we lose touch with friends, even with our partner. We neglect even to ask, "How are you doing?" "How am I doing?"
 
Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown
 
In spite of our busyness, the time we take for a brief telephone call can make us feel more relaxed and less busy. These seemingly small attentions are important to friendships and instill the spirit of human warmth and care into our lives. It reminds us again of what gives us meaning and opens us up to the affectionate feelings in our partnership.
 
Call a friend you have not seen for a while just to renew your connection.
 
You are reading from the book:

The More We Find In Each Other by Merle Fossum and Mavis Fossum

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

One Day at a Time. Program slogan
This slogan means we are to take with us only the joys and
problems of the present day.
We don’t carry with us the mistakes
of the days gone by. We have no room for them. We are to work
at loving others today.

Just today.

It’s crazy for us to think we can handle more than one day at a
time. During our illness, we lived everywhere but in the here
and now. We looked to the future or punished ourselves with
our past. One Day at a Time teaches us to go easy. It teaches
us to focus on what really means anything to us: the here and now.
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me turn the slogans
of my programs into a way of life. Help me to live life moment
by moment, One Day at a Time.
Action for the Day: Today, I’ll practice living in the present.
When I find myself living in the past or in the future, I’ll bring
myself back to today
.
 
**********************
One Day At A Time
 
Precious Sobriety
My life had changed completely:
I'd started doing the things I had dreamed of doing;
my life had gained the breadth and depth I couldn't have imagined;
there were loved and loving people in my life.
It occurred to me that I had built up an equity of sobriety
that I could not bear to lose; I could not envision myself starting over again.
Sobriety had become more precious than life -- than any life that was not sober!
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], p. 5

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life is an ongoing miracle.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
C H A N G E D =
Choosing Honesty Allows New Growth Each Day.
 
*********************
Daily Motivation

Give it a shot

Go ahead and give it a shot. Though it may or may not work the way you intend, you owe it to yourself to make the attempt and find out.

Let your fears and concerns prepare you, but don’t let them stop you. Completely let go of your worries about what others may think, and do what you know in your heart is right.

You are blessed with a unique and valuable vision of how life can be. Go ahead and live that vision as sincerely and completely as you can.

Sure, there are challenges that stand in your way. Yet the fulfillment you seek is worth whatever price you must pay.

The opportunity is here now, so take the necessary action to do something meaningful with it. This moment will soon be gone, so make full use of it while you can.

Touch your purpose, feel your passion, and act on your intentions now. Life is here for you to richly live.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment