Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daily Motivation 4-26-11

Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Today's Gift
 
A man without ambition is dead. A man with ambition but no love is dead. A man with ambition and love for his blessings here on earth is ever so alive. --Pearl Bailey

Is our glass half full or half empty? We may see ourselves as positive people, but when we take the time to examine our thoughts closely, we may be surprised. We may have a lot to complain about, but so what? We can choose misery or happiness. It's all in how we see that glass.

Instead of griping about bills, we become thankful for the money that is coming in. Instead of thinking about what activities we're missing in our lives, we're grateful for the solitude. Instead of being hurt by what friends and family aren't doing, we feel blessed we have them in our lives in the first place.

Today I will humble myself by counting my blessings, knowing that without them I would truly be lost
.

You are reading from the book:

Letting Go of Debt by Karen Casanova

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple

Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.---Maurice Setter
Silver shines as bright as gold does. So often we forget this. So often we push, push, push. We forget to live for the moment. Trying too hard can be a defect of character. It can be a way we avoid life. Gratitude, being thankful, is key part of recovery. Not just gratitude for getting our self-respect back. Not just gratitude for having a Higher Power. But gratitude for the moment. We're alive again. Let's see each moment as a time to explore life..
 
Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, thanks for helping me to enjoy each moment. I have gratitude for being alive.

Action for the Day: I'll list ten gifts of recovery for which I have gratitude.
 
***********************

One Day At A Time
 
Merry-go-round
I began to feel like a clown juggling too many balls.
Each ball represented a problem I was keeping up in the air. My arms were weary
and I knew I couldn't keep on much longer, but I was not about to give up.
My pride and ego wouldn't let me.
Bosses, judges, co-workers, lawyers, car notes, bar tabs, loan sharks, utility
payments, landlords, my girlfriend, people I had double-crossed --
I looked to all of these as the source of my problems, while overlooking
the most basic problem: my drinking and myself. I'd known for a long time
that I desperately wanted off this merry-go-round, but I had no idea how to do it.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 506

Thought to Ponder . . .
Swallowing my pride will not get me drunk.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
P R I D E =
Personal Recovery Involves Deflating Ego.
 

********************
Daily Motivation

Critical link

You are the critical link between what is possible and what is real. With your actions, you can bring to life the best of what can be.

Life is awash with great and wonderful possibilities. Yet possibilities alone are not enough.

Someone has to follow those great possibilities, and work at them, and breathe meaningful life into them. In your world, that someone is you.

Celebrate your good fortune of being connected to life’s best possibilities. And even as you celebrate, get to work doing what must be done to make those possibilities happen.

The possibilities are so valuable precisely because of what you can do with them. So by all means, do with them what you know you can do.

For it is in choosing your own unique possibilities and making them real, that you experience true fulfillment. Get up, get going, and enjoy that fulfillment in great abundance.

— Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment