Monday, December 6, 2010

Daily Motivation 12-6-10

Monday, December 6, 2010
Today's Gift

Each day provides its own gifts. —Ruth P. Freedman

We are guaranteed experiences that are absolutely right for us today. We are progressing on schedule. Even when our personal hopes are unmet, we are given the necessary opportunities for achieving those goals that complement our unique destinies.

Today is full of special surprises, and we will be the recipient of the ones which are sent to help us grow - in all the ways necessary for our continued recovery. We might not consider every experience a gift at this time. But hindsight will offer the clarity lacking at the moment, just as it has done in many instances that have gone before.

We are only offered part of our personal drama each day. But we can trust our lives to have many scenes, many acts, points of climax, and a conclusion. Each of us tells a story with our lives, one different from all other stories and yet necessary to the telling of many other stories too. The days ahead will help us tell our story. Our interactions with others will influence our outcomes and theirs. We can trust the drama and give fully to our roles.

Every day is a gift exchange. I give, and I will receive.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey


 
***************************
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
The strongest of all warriors are these two--Time and Patience.
 Leo Tolstay
 

One of the first things we learn about in recovery is time. Before, we may have tried to control time by Pushing it along. We tried to hurry everything and everybody. We wanted our "quick fix." But the
program tells us to slow down. Easy Does It.


We probably couldn't picture ourselves staying sober for the rest of our life. So we were told to just work at staying sober today. We learned to work our program One Day at a Time. We were thought that time can be our friend. Times is our Higher Power's way of not having everything happen at once.

Prayer for the Day:  Higher Power, you are my teacher. You are in charge of the lesson. Help me accept this. Teach me how to use my time wisely.

Action for the Day:  Today, I'll list five ways I use my time in ways that aren't helpful to me. I'll work at making time my friend.
 
***********************

One Day At A Time
 
Acceptance
And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.
When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation
-- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity
until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation
as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake.
Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober;
unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy.
I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed
in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
~ Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 417

Thought to Ponder . . .
My serenity is directly proportional to my level of acceptance.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Acceptance, Belief, Change.
 
******************** 
Daily Motivation
Pure joy
 
Look closely at the world around you and see beauty in every direction. Listen to the harmony and rhythm of life's sounds.
 
Give yourself the powerful, refreshing and energizing gift of pure joy. Give yourself a moment, or even longer if you wish, and just feel the incomparable joy of being alive.
 
Feel the warmth of bright sunshine, the coolness of running water, the rush of a breeze on your skin. Take a long, deep relaxing breath of fresh air.
 
Experience the overwhelming richness and wonder of the beautiful reality that spreads out in every direction.
 
Let go of any expectations, judgments or analyses, and allow yourself to peacefully experience it all as it comes to you.
 
For a little while, set aside your planning, organizing, adjusting and responding, and give yourself time to simply experience and enjoy. The moments spent in pure enjoyment, free of guilt, anxiety or expectations, will add richness to your life in ways that nothing else can.
 
Take some time to let yourself experience pure, unconditional joy. Bring more fully to life the joyful treasure that is life itself.
 
-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment