Friday, November 5, 2010

Daily Motivations 11-5-2010

Friday, November 5, 2010
Today's Gift
 
The world is a wheel always turning. Those who are high go down low, and those who've been low go up higher. -Anzia Yezierska

Everything changes. Nothing stays the same. And letting go of the way things are, anticipating instead what they might become, frees us to live each moment more fully.

Time marches on, and our destiny marches with it. There is purpose in how our lives unfold; the ups and downs serve our growth. We must neither resent the doldrums nor savor too long the elation. Giving too much attention to either state interferes with our awareness of the present. And the present has come to teach us.

We must move with time. We must focus our attention on the moment and accept whatever feelings each experience elicits. Emotional maturity is accepting our feelings and letting them go and facing instead the next moment with fresh receptivity. Our lessons are many, and they accompany the lows as well as the highs. We can be grateful for both.

The program has taught us freedom from lingering lows. It has given us the tools to move confidently forward, trusting that all is well. Nothing lasts forever, and within each struggle is the opportunity for real growth.

The highs will pass away, just as will the lows. They visit us purposefully. I will give them their freedom and find mine as well.

You are reading from the book:

Each Day a New Beginning by Karen Casey

*******************************

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
 
Keep It Simple
 
That suit is best that best suits me.---John Clark
 

How mush time do we spend trying to “fit in”? Many of us used to care to much what other people thought about us---our clothes, our ideas, our work. Did we drink the right brand, drive the right car, listen to the right music?
 
In our program, we still have to watch out for fads and peer pressure. We have to ask ourselves if we’re really in touch with our Higher Power. Are we searching for a sponsor who has inner peace
and direction? Or do we look for people who are like our old using friends? As we learn to find our own way of following our Higher Power, we need to be okay with being different.

Prayer for the Day:  Higher Power, help me be the best me I can be today.
 
Action for the Day:  Today, I’ll work to be me---honestly me---to everyone I meet.
 

***********************

One Day At A Time
 
Guidance
With the guidance of the program
and the encouragement and examples within the Fellowship,
I could begin to find out about myself and be prepared to accept what I found.
I learned in the Fellowship that if others could accept me and love me as I was,
then I should love myself as I was --
not for what I was, but for what I could become.
- Came To Believe . . ., p. 3

Thought to Ponder . . .
The more accepting I am of myself, the more accepting I am of others.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C =
Acceptance, Belief, Change.
 
********************

Daily Motivation
 
Get the most out of it
 
Do what must be done when it must be done, and you'll always be keeping up. Do more than what must be done, before it must be done, and then you'll always be moving ahead.
 
A little extra effort today can give you a lot of extra advantage tomorrow. Add to that a little more extra effort tomorrow, and the day after that, and soon you'll be way out in front.
 
The hours and minutes of this day will quickly pass by. While each one is here, you might as well get the very most out of it.
 
Sure, it can be a little dreary and tedious when you're working to do what must be done. So add some excitement, enthusiasm and passion to your efforts by challenging yourself to do even more.
 
Go beyond the minimum requirements and find new ways to create maximum value. Instead of just getting by, spend your time and efforts getting great.
 
Don't be content to merely deal with whatever life hands you. Instead, enthusiastically embrace what comes your way, make the effort and make the commitment to make the very best of it all.
 
-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment