Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Daily Motivations 9-8-10

Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Today's Gift
It's astonishing in this world how things don't turn out at all the way you expect them to!—Agatha Christie

Probably every day of our lives, a plan goes awry. Often we have counted heavily on a particular outcome. We generally assume we have all things under control and know exactly what's best for us, and everyone else as well. But such is not the case. There is a bigger picture than the one we see. The outcome of that picture is out of our hands.

Our vision is limited, and again divinely so. However, we are able to see all that we need to see, today. And more important, if we can trust our inner guidance regarding the events of today, we'll begin to see how each day fills in a shade more of the bigger picture of our lives. In retrospect we can see how all events have contributed, in important ways, to the women we are becoming. Where today's events are leading we can't know, for certain, but we can trust the divine plan.

I will anticipate with faith what lies ahead today. All experiences carry me forward to fulfill my goal in life. I will be alert for the nudge.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey ©


*****************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day

Keep It Simple

 
I have an intense desire to return to the womb---Anybody’s !  ---Woody Allen

Some days the world just doesn’t seem safe. Maybe a friend died and your are hurting.
Maybe you argued with a loved one. You just want somebody to take care of you. You want to feel safe and warm.

Turn to the spiritual part of the program. Let your Higher Power hold you with warm, loving care. Pray. Pray to feel the programs will find you. Why? Because you’ve opened your heart to recovery. To be loved, you have to open up to love.

Prayer for the Day:  I pray for an open heart. I pray that love of the program will find me and comfort me. Higher Power, I need Your love as a child needs the love of parents.

Action for the Day:  Today, I’ll list three times the world has felt unsafe. I’ll meditate on how things would have been different if I had turned to my Higher Power for comfort.

************************
One Day At A Time
Step Nine
~ Scroll down for share ~

Made direct amends to such people wherever possible,except when to do so would injure them or others.- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 59

Thought to Ponder . . .
It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes
and to make amends for them.


AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Accountable Actions.

A MEMBER SHARES:
Hi all. My name's Walt and I'm an alcoholic. I'm in the middle of Step Nine on my path through the Steps. Unlike my time drinking, I'm not saying, "sorry for what I've done," I'm trying to "amend" or correct, the problems I've caused others. When I was in AA the first time (over 20 years ago), I did this Step without the help or understanding of my sponsor. I ran back to my ex-wife and told her everything I'd done wrong to her. I used to blame her for our divorce because I thought she didn't care for AA. Now I see that maybe it was just me being a jerk and spilling my guts on her. Today, I've listened to my sponsor and shared with him what my amends are. We go over them and discuss them before I even attempt to make an amend. The part of this Step which says, "... unless to do so would injure them" has to remain paramount in my actions. I've cried all over my ex-wife seeking absolution, yet I didn't change or amend my behavior. I found that I could still treat people as tools and used them up till they were sick and tired of me. Then I'd move on even in sobriety -- imagine that! I heard once at a meeting that we're to make amends. Not apologize, but to clean our own side of the street. I missed that part. Today is better. I'm learning to think, think, think before I go off trying to make myself feel better instead of cleaning up the wreckage. I'm doing just that. I feel that if I don't I'll just carry it around as old baggage. Those things I did come back to haunt me. If I hold onto those wrongs I know today that I will keep doing them. Being sober is not just about putting down the drink. It's about gaining a spirit and a real life full of joy and understanding. I can't help someone else if I haven't been able to help myself. Thanks y'all for being here for me and for letting me learn how to be a caring human.

*********************
Daily Motivation
Empowered now

You are just a moment away from the highest level of enthusiasm and effectiveness you've ever known. You are just a moment away from the most empowering positive attitude you've ever experienced.

You can choose your perspective, you can choose your outlook, and you can choose your attitude. The moment you make the choice, whatever you choose is yours.

It doesn't matter what you've experienced or how you've felt for the last hour, or month, or year. In the next moment you can be feeling precisely the way you choose to feel.

What perspective would best serve you right now? What attitude would enable you to create the most value out of your current situation?

You are just a moment away from being the most highly motivated person you know. Choose now to be that person.

Your greatest success begins right now. Choose the positive, empowering perspective that will bring it to life.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment