Thursday, July 15, 2010

Daily Motivations 7-15-2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010
Today's Gift

I was forced to live far beyond my years when just a child. Now I have reversed the order and I intend to remain young indefinitely. —Mary Pickford

We can all learn to change our lives so the child within each of us can live in balance with the people we have become. We can learn to give the child a voice, let the child play, let the child express needs and fears and pleasures.

We might look at our old baby pictures for a valuable lesson. We will see pictures of ourselves on rocking horses, grinning and waving; pictures of ourselves with our most precious toy - a crude metal car, perhaps; pictures of ourselves rolling in the grass. The lesson we learn is that it doesn't take much to make this child happy - even today.

We keep our own happiness safe inside us to call on whenever we need it, as long as we keep a healthy relationship with the child within. When we nourish the child, we can be assured the child will also nourish us.

What simple thing will make me happy today?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©1985,

*******************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day

Walk In Dry Places

Reaching objectives.

The Possible Dream
Although we hear people ridicule the practice of daydreaming, we also hear them express admiration for people who pursued and realized their dreams. How do we know when we are pursing the right dreams? Useful, effective dreams may seem farfetched, but they still have a possibility of fulfillment. In some ways, they're tied to what we can do if we create the right opportunities and use our talents properly.

Fantasies, or useless dreams, can never happen. Fantasies are often based on our past and how it might have been different. It's also useless to fantasize about feats that are completely beyond anything we could ever do. These dreams are a waste of time and energy. What's exciting, however, is that very person can find dreams that are possible and based on reality. It's important to pursue these dreams and bring them into realization.

Action for the Day: I'll keep my realistic dreams very much alive today, knowing they're the patterns I need for reaching my long-term objectives.

***********************
One Day At A Time

Prayer
I had mocked the spiritual aspect of our program on many previous occasions, claiming that this Higher Power business was for wimps and hypocrites. But this time it was different. After my last drunk, I knew that it would be death or insanity for me if I kept on drinking. This time, I prayed. I somehow felt that if there was a Power greater than myself who could relieve me of this suffering, then I had better try to find Him or Her.
~ Came To Believe . . ., p. 34

Thought to Ponder . . .
Trying to pray is praying.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A S A P =
Always Say A Prayer.

********************
Daily Motivation
Live your joy

It's not the troubles that trouble you. It's the way you react to them.

What if you could choose not to let the troubles get to you? What if you could work your way through them while remaining positive and joyful?

Life's difficulties do not need your help. They are plenty difficult on their own, without you adding to them.

So make the choice not to add to them. Acknowledge their reality, deal effectively with them, but don't allow them to pull you down.

The way you feel is the way you choose to feel. Choose to feel powerful, choose to feel in control, choose to feel purposeful, abundant and joyful because at the heart of you, you are.

The living spirit in you is stronger than any trouble you'll ever encounter. Remember that, feel its truth, and live your joy no matter what.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment