Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Daily Motivations 6-2-2010

Wednesday, Jun 2, 2010
Today's Gift

I have come to realize that all my trouble with living has come from fear and smallness within me. —Angela L. Wozniak

We create problems for ourselves because we think we need to be more than we are. We fear that we are inadequate to the task before us, fear that another woman is more attractive, fear that the friends around us are bored by our presence.

Fear hinders us; it prevents full involvement with the experiences we are given to grow on. When we withdraw from a situation in order to save ourselves from failure, we have chosen instead another kind of failure: failure to take all we can from life; failure to be all that we can be. Every experience can move us forward in the understanding of ourselves. When we withdraw, we stay stuck in a world we need to leave behind.

I will not fear whatever looks like trouble today. Nothing I can't handle, in fact, nothing I can't grow from will come my way today. My inner strength can see me through.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey ©

********************************
Twenty-Four Hours A Day

Keep It Simple

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.---Eleanor Roosevelt
Most of us want to be happy. We just don't know how. We aren't sure what happiness is. We've learned the hard way that some things we wanted didn't make us happy. We're learning that happiness comes when we live the way our Higher Power wants us to live. That's when we’re honest. When we do our best work. When we are a true friend. We make happiness; we don't find it. Sometimes we don't even know we're happy. We're too busy with our work, our recovery program, our friends and family. We need to slow down and know that when we do what we need to, happiness comes.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, help me know that I'm most happy when I listen to You and do Your will. You know better than I do what makes me happy.
Action for the Day: What parts of my program am I most happy about? Today I'll think of these and enjoy myself.

**************************
One Day At A Time
Dancing!
So Step Six may be the greatest act of courage in the whole twelve-step process:
a total act of faith. I have to trust that God will see the big picture
and make the right choices. Funny thing is, without all that armor,
it's a lot easier to move.
In fact, I feel like dancing through the rest of the Steps.
- The AA Grapevine, June 2010, p.31

Thought to Ponder . . .
If I want God to remove my character defects, I'll have to stop doing them.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A =
Altered Attitudes.

************************
Daily Motivation

Motivated and enthusiastic
Notice what's wrong just long enough to make yourself aware of it. Then let go, and move on to doing something positive about it.

Instead of dwelling on what is wrong, focus on what you can do to make it right. Challenge yourself to find and to follow the positive perspective that will transform the problem into an opportunity.

Don't get yourself stressed out by obsessing about how bad things are. Get yourself motivated and enthusiastic about what you can do to make a difference.

Step back and observe what you are thinking. Choose to fill your mind with useful, creative, empowering thoughts that will point you in a positive direction.

Let go of the thoughts that just intensify your doubts, fears and worries. Give preference to the thoughts that you can act upon to create new value in your life.

What you see most vividly is where you will go. Focus on the best possibilities and you'll create them in your life.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment