Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Service


Keep It Simple


SERVICE---A beautiful word fallen upon bad days.---Claude McKay


Service is really a beautiful word. Service means respect. When we serve others we're part of the human race. We all need to help each other. Service is a sure way to stay sober. Helping someone else stay sober helps us stay sober. And service frees us from self-will. It teaches us about how to care for ourselves and others. It teaches us that we're worthwhile. It teaches us that we make a difference. Service keeps us feeling good. Am I quiet when the topic of service comes ap at meetings? If so, how can I change this?

Prayer for the Day:

Higher Power, show me where I can be of help. Give me the courage to make a difference. Give me the courage to really serve others in need.

Action for the Day:
I'll list five ways service has made or can make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment